Search My posts

Monday, June 7, 2010

monday 7 June 2010

Ahhh It is nice to be back home and to the blog world!  I had a nice weekend of racing and grandma visiting :)

Well, saturday I rode and got rained on, so I won't share that because it stunk :/  but I did go to church and worked the cafe and that was fun :)

Sunday, I raced.  The course was SOO easy (basically an oval) so it was pretty fast.  It was fun, and we had team radios so our coach was talking to us and it was awesome :) I had a little bit of asthma during the race, but it got worse towards the end when it started to speed up.  I didn't finish with the pack, but I finished, and there were no crashes, so that was good.  And a friend/team-mate RJwon!!!!!!!!  That was so awesome :)  Here are a few pictures from race day...

we saw this deer on the way into the park

lots of MOB colors in here...(by the way, MOB stands for Motivated Over Bicycling)  :)

RJ going for the win!!  And he did it!!!

Then we went to Cincinnati to see family.  We got to see both of my grandmas and we went out to lunch.  I had pasta with chicken and marinara and it was good :)  Of course I also had some coffee ;)  And the best canolimy grandma had ever had!  And she is Italian!! Sorry, no pic... :(

that is about it!  I will talk to you later, have a GREAT Tuesday!!

Scott

8 comments:

  1. congrats on the race!! so glad your weekend went well.

    and thnk you for the insightful comments. they really do mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lot of fun!! it must be great being able to compete :] always such a great feeling!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCOTT!! :D Glad you had fun, I am almost done with school then we can Skype a whole bunch! I cant wait! :)
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend - love the race pictures and congrats to your friend!!!!!! xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to hear that you had a good weekend Scott! That race looks like it was so awesome :) Congrats to your teammate for winning, and to you for finishing despite your asthma (glad that you're okay!)

    Hope the rest of your week is just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I love lunches with my grandmother as well! So happy that you enjoyed the race and stayed safe- that's most important! Hoffe das du ein schoenes woche hatte, und ich hoffe auch das dein asthma geht weg. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey!
    im kinda new to this whole blog thing and i just stumbled upon urs.
    read a few entries, and u seem like fun!

    congratulations on finishing that race btw, it looks exciting! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Scott! was delightfully surprised to stumble upon your blog. Really proud of you to have conquered your ED! Anyway, I used to be a really avid cyclist too... like.. last year. haha. then I kinda burned out and got tired of the sport. All your talk about cycling and your race pics makes me miss cycling!

    I find that cyclists usually tend to be really conscious abt what they eat. (at least, the ones i hang around with). It's all about power-to-weight ratio, increasing your power on the bike and reducing your weight. (Do you have a power meter??? If you do, I'm jealous!!!) How did you conquer your ED?

    I love your blog posts. Keep it up! You look like a mean racing machine in your jersey. :)

    ReplyDelete