Search My posts

Friday, June 11, 2010

whirlwind!

Boy let me tell you that having your house on the market is tough!  Keeping everything clean, leaving at a moment's notice, taking the dogs, yikes!  I hope it is over soon...

So my blogging has been lacking a little bit in the picture department.  I think part of it had to do with me loosing the Dslr.  Well, I didn't loose it, somebody misplaced it and we thought it got stolen during a showing.  But... I found it!!!  So now I can use it again =D  So without further ado, pictures!

So I told you about going to a coffee shop in Cincinnati right?  I forgot to put up the pictures!  Here is one of me with my two lovely grandmas :)  (by the way, the one on the left is the one I bought the larabars and dates and figs for and she loves them!  I thought you would get a laugh out of that!)

and here is one of me enjoying an espresso!

ahhhh it was good :)

Then it was back home for me.  I won't bore you with my week at home, but basically it was just cleaning the house, being lazy, and riding my bike :) I still kinda get a bit anxious when I have too much free time, but it really is good for me to just sit down for a little while!  

The only interesting things that happened were...
  • The dentist:  I had a normal cleaning then two days later got 4 fillings at once!  Apparently I have deep grooves in my teeth, and no matter how well I brush I can still get decay in them.  Yay.
  • I had an appt with my psychiatrist.  It went well.  Better than last time, and I think with school being out I am under a lot less stress.  The only other thing we talked about was brought up by me.  I am headed to Germany next week more on that later ;) and I don't know if I should tell my host family about my ED.  I don't want to, but I think it is a great safety net for me to not restrict you know?  It seems like it may be all to easy to restrict otherwise... What would you do?
  • I went out to lunch with my friend who moved here from Germany about 3 years ago.  We talked about some cultural things I am going to encounter.  One example that I found interesting is that if I talk about being a cyclist, they will probably bring up doping because it is a big problem in cycling, and he said that they may sound mad but they are just very into the discussion.  Same thing with politics, they just love to debate I guess!  We also talked about how  people will want to talk to me in English, but I am going to have to say something for them to talk to me in German.  I really don't want to speak English while I am there, so I can learn more German!
And of course I had some good eats over the week!  Here they are in brief...

Tofu coated with curry and red pepper seared and on a sandwich. I seared it because I was too impatient to let it cook!

I am so excited!!


a "kitchen sink" smoothie.  In went:frozen mixed fruit (strawberries, mango, grapes, etc.) yogurt, coconut milk, a handful of oats, and lettuce.  It was a weird combo, but I wanted the veggies for the day and it didn't taste "lettucey" at all!  Is this my first "green monster"?!?!?!?!?!

my first pranabar. I liked it, not my favorite, but I liked it. I am going to have to try some more flavors.

two low fat hot dogs I had for dinner one night.
peacy sunbutter oats in a jar!  This is a great combo by the way ;)

snack combo of yogurt, cereal, nuts, and I think coconut and almond milks.  I forget :/  I played with the depth of field a bit ;)

my fave larabar =D

Tofu "pizza" sandwich I had for lunch today was made with tofu, pizza spice, and mozzerela melted in the broiler. yummmm......

and today I found this bug dead on the floor and it looked so cool I had to take a picture! Do any of you know what this is??

And I need to tell you all about my Germany trip!  I am going to leave next friday to live with Pascal and his family for three weeks near Berlin!  =D  I am so excited!! It is going to be awesome!!

And tomorrow, I am racing with three friends, so it should be great :)  then headed to Cincinnati again! surprise surprise haha

Okay folks, if you read this far, thank you and congratulations!!  You made it through one of my most random posts ever!!!  I hope you have a fantastic weekend :)

Scott

6 comments:

  1. Omigosh I think I would die if I thought I lost my DLSR. I'm glad you found yours, though! And your pictures are looking absolutely fabulous! So much delicious looking food. Love the idea of your tofu pizza sandwich :)

    That's so awesome that you're going to Germany! I love travelling, and Europe is wonderful. I hope you have a good time! And I think it might be a good idea to tell your host family about your ED. If you're worried that you might restrict, then taking any precaution that you have to is a good thing... especially because it's easier to slip up in an unfamiliar place and when your routine changes. Better be safe than sorry, right?

    Have a great weekend, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been quite busy Scott - great post with some delicious meals - love smoothies this time of year!!!
    Hope you have a great time in Germany - can't wait to hear all about it!! I think its a good idea to tell your host family about your Ed - it might make meal times a bit easier. Well whatever you feel is best for you. Have a great weekend - xoxo aim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scott!! Been missing you, I was wondering when you were going to post. I've never had a house showing but it seems like a serious pain. Got any offers yet? So glad you found your DSLR! As an avid photographer, it's like finding a baby in my eyes haha. And I love all the photos in this post! Especially the depth of field on the bowl of oats that looks amazing! I have a fear of coconut milk but ohmygod when I get over that they are going straight into my oats! What flavour is a cocoa mole larabar? I'm guessing chocolatey? That bug on the floor you found looks like a wasp. Nasty buggers they are. But so cool when you look at them close up! Hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I am duper tired right now so i am not going to say much(tho I have a ton to say). First, I have that same kind of sunflowwer seed butter and LOVE it! I have it in hot and cold cereal, put it in veggie wraps, mix it with fruit or yogurt, use it with toast...about anything i like really! Oh, and with icecream too! lol...Ok, well, about telling the host family in Germany, you can tell them or not, but I would suggest you not simply because then you are categorized instantly and they will view you differently because of it(not because they think you are bad, its just naturaly human to think differently of someone who they know has an ED) and they would constantly be watching how much you eat, when you eat it, etc...So for that reason I would say dont tell. But if you really think you would restrict if you didnt tell, then forget about any reasons not to and tell them! Or maybe you could just wait and see? maybe you will discover when you get there that there isnt anything that makes it important to tell them!
    You posted some great eats that I want to try! (my idea bank has been running low as far as food combos go! ;)) I hope the house sells soon!
    We need to skype soon! Ok, well have a great weekend! :)
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! first of all, thanks for the lovely comments. it really is nice knowing i can relate to someone!
    and im liking the pictures, ur grandmas?! adorable!

    and gahhh germany?! that's so awesome =D
    i hope u have an amazing time!

    oh yeah! one more thing. if it were me, i wouldn't tell my host family in germany about my ED.. i think id worry too much =P im pretty sure that i'd think they'll be watching that i eat enough like ALL the time...and it might make things a little awkward for them too. maybe u should just wait and see if u should tell them or not, who knows?! u probably won't have a reason to. =]

    hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Scott!! I just came across your blog and had to leave a comment. I'm currently recovering from an ED and excercise addiction. I'm also a cyclist. I'm a barista and a coffee addict.
    I look forward to following you!
    I've never heard of doping...what exactly is that??

    ReplyDelete