Search My posts

Monday, September 20, 2010

So, I guess I was a bit too optomistic...

Well, I should have known not to promise you more frequent posting because as you can see it just didn't happen :(  I am so so sorry my wonderful readers :(  But I think I have a pretty good reason: we moved into our house this weekend!  So basically, last week I was all preparing the house to move in, and working on stuff to move in etc.  Then this weekend, we opened boxes all day long.... but I actually got quite a bit done...
  • Set up the tv and stereo with my dad: way harder than it sounds! 
  • Set up the network and computer, all to find out that the Internet isn't connected to the house yet :/
  • brought stuff from the apartment to the house
  • set up the pantry :)
  • set up the espresso equipment!  More on that later ;)
So, it doesn't seem like a lot when I list it, but it took fooorrrreeeevvvveeeerrrr!!!

Well, on to other news, school.  Well, school has been ok, I mean, I am getting good grades and stuff, and I like my friends there, but some of the classes are just awful.  So, that makes school as a whole just kinda feel like it drags me down :(  I like my Psychology class, and I like Trigonometry (mainly because my teachers are awesome, especially in Trig) so that is half of my day that is always good.

On the negative side however, is US history and Healthcare Careers.  Ok, so the main problem I have with US History is that our teacher teaches us like we are completely below him (ie. no respect)_and it seriously bugs the crap out of me. Just an example for you, every single day when we do the pledge of allegiance, he says "stand up you commies!"  Now, I guess that isn't the greatest example, but he is just so rude all the time!!!  And it doesn't help matters that he doesn't teach us anything.....  And my Healthcare Careers teacher, well she is just crazy.  I can't even explain it!

So right now, I am not worried about any classes grade wise, but I just can't wait to get out and away from these horrible teachers I have!  Ugh :/  I am looking forward to next semester when I have German and Physics :)

Sorry to be such a downer, I will try my best to rectify that now!

New Espresso machine!!
here she is!  With my hand grinder and brand new tamper :)
I like this shot!  It is SOOO shiny!  And the tamper again :)
and because my mom is absolutely fantastic, Gaggia with her big sister!!


So, I am quite happy with it thus far.  It is a learning process, but I am already making some pretty good espresso with it. :)  I just find it so cool that I had grind the coffee, and apply the pressure by hand as well! So hands on!


End of coffee geek rant

That is pretty much all I've got for now!  I won't show any picture of the house yet, because it is FULL of boxes ;)  And I won't promise anything, but I will try my very best to post more often :)

Have a wonderful next couple of days! 

Scott

5 comments:

  1. SCOTT!!!
    So good to hear from you. I'm glad your liking school. For the most past at least lol? Moving is definitely hard stuff and it sounds like you are adjusting well, which is awesome! Sorry about you crappy teachers. I always had a few each year in high school too. And the expresso machine??! Soooo jealoussssss!! mmm coffeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to hear from YOU!
    fancy espresso machine-- id probably break it within minutes.

    good luck with the adjustment-- i've heard sucking up to professors help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, I want to stroke your espresso machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott! Glad you are doing well! Ya, sorry about your classes...school is just one of those things you dont want to go through but have to to make it in life...;) Unless you wanna be a hillbilly...;)
    Maddi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That espresso machine is seriously cool! Sorry about your ridiculous history teacher though. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete