Search My posts

Thursday, August 19, 2010

First WEEK of school

WOW this week has flown by!!  I feel like it was yesterday that I posted about my first day =O  Well, good news, I have met some more people  =D  I talked to some more people in class and I think that is a good start ;)

And the teachers are so much more relaxed!  I really like it, especially my Psychology teacher because she is just so funny!

I also want to thank you all for ALL of your encouraging words on my last post, they really helped me :]  I love that no matter where I am I always have a ton of blog friends that I can talk to :]  Thank you so much, really I mean it!

I will tell you more about my week as I have some time to reflect, but a heads up to what is going on this weekend... I am going to a barista jam!!  It is where a bunch of coffee Geeks get together and compete at pulling shots, and latte art, like this!
from Intelligentsia 

I am a bit nervous, because it is REALLY likely that I am going to be the youngest one there, but I am also excited because I want to get some job openings and show everyone what I can do!  I got fresh roasted coffee from LUX and I'm ready to go ;)  Wish me luck!!

Have a wonderful FRIDAY tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

  1. Awwr :D It's great to hear that you've been opening up and meeting new people, Scott! It sounds like this year is going to be a great one for you :)

    That barista jam sounds pretty cool actually; I love latte art. Don't be nervous about being the youngest one there, but DO be confident in your mad skills ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!!! And I am so happy that you have gotten to talk to some people. You will make close frienships in no time!
    :)
    Sending joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Scott, thats awesome about the coffee gathering! Haha, you MUST share pictures k?? :) I am glad school is going good for you, just keep being yourself and you will make good friends!
    thanks for all of your prayers!
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, that's so awesome that you're enjoying your new school and that you've met new people- hopefully new friends, right?! =P

    And omg best of luck on that coffee competition- I'd never heard of anything like that before! I'm intrigued! I don't really know how coffee art works, but it looks tough. I'm sure you'll do great though!

    Paola <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you SOOO much luck!!!

    thinking of you

    hope you have a splendid sunday
    love, becca
    http://fromheretothereinpurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oOoo a coffee competition? sounds like so much fun! I'm so proud of you scott, you will do wonderful at school I'm sure of it!
    have a great week thinking of you sending my love!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete