Search My posts

Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday 9. August 2010

So, life in Phoenix/Scottsdale is pretty nice so far!  After the air conditioning problems are fixed , it really isn't that bad.  But it has been below average a few days we have been here, so...

So bike riding in the summer in Phoenix?  Wake up early.  I mean early!  I got up at 4:45 on saturday to ride, and we got a good ride in with some friends of my dad's.  I liked the riding early, cause we got back really early, like 9:45.

And I HAD to get my dad down to LUX coffee.  So we went and I tried out Lola, but went to LUX afterwards and got a seriously good shot ;)

We were supposed to get up early (4:30) on sunday, but we slept in and rode later, but it was hot.

I also learned a LOT about racing around Arizona, which was a big relief to me.  I found out that my team has a history of riders going to the Jelly Belly pro team, which is like a dream of mine!  So I am excited to start racing for my new team and maybe (hopefully) get to Jelly Belly in a few years.

So, unfortunately I have a bit of news on the ED front.  I have been looking up nutrition facts :/  Now, I haven't looked up things before we go out so I know what to order, but i have been looking up things once I order to see what's in it.  I know it isn't good and I don't need to, but I just fell like I need to :(  I think it is a combination of things that is causing me to do this, I mean I am sure it is a big stress t be in a new city, and my sister wanting to eat healthy (which is not AT ALL a bad thing Meagan!) and just wanting to overhear her nutrition facts she is looking up and disguise my looking up nutrition facts like I am "helping" her.  It has got to stop...

well, that is all I have for now, my family wants to watch a movie and is being impatient, so I will talk to you later!

Scott

9 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you're having such a great time riding, Scott! I always love hearing about people being happy doing what they love, and I really wish you all the best with getting into Jelly Belly (coolest name ever!)

    As for looking up Nut. facts, it probably is a way for you to deal with the stress and anxiety of the move and being in a new place, so try and find other ways to relax yourself other than resorting to ED behaviours. You can do it, Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking up nutrition facts is okay...just because people look them up doesn't mean they're exhibiting symptoms of disordered eating:) Just be careful to use the info you learn wisely! Don't get too obsessive about knowing the stats of everything you eat...it's a slippery slope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad ur enjoying cycling life in Arizona! be careful with looking up nutrition facts, it could lead to other behaviours and like Amanda said, its probabaly down to stress over moving. You dont need to do it, your survived without it before and u can again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Scott - great to hear from you!!!! Im glad you are enjoying Arizona and are able to enjoy what you love most - riding!!!!!! Sounds like life is treating you well - looking forward to hearing more from you - enjoy the family movie - xo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking at nutrition facts, in moderation, is ok... so long that it's not becoming an obsession or habitual.

    keep your eyes focused on the prize-- your life.

    hope you have a fantastic day!
    love, becca
    http://fromheretothereinpurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're having a good time over there Scott! That Jelly Belly thing sounds exciting, good luck! XD And I'm sorry you've been struggling; the same exact thing happens to me whenever my sister starts reading nutrition labels. Know that you're not alone, and that looking at them once in a while is something everyone does sometimes ;] Just be sure it's for the right reasons!

    Paola <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Scott!

    Boy was I excited to read this post! I live in the Phx/Scottsdale area! I love it here, and yes we definitely do have some amazing coffee shops and restaurants! Are you moving here? It's definitely a great place to ride. Especially if you are into mountain biking. And I can so relate to the nutrition fact thing. When my sis is on one of her healthy kicks, it is difficult not to want to join in. But I just remind myself that everyone has different needs. Enjoy AZ...it's pretty awesome and if you need restaurant/hiking/biking/or anything suggestions don't hesitate to ask!
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scott!

    I am definitely going to email you later! And come to think of it...I have been to LUX! They do have reallly yummy coffee. It's right next to Pan Bianco, which is an amazing sandwich place! You should definitely try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Scott!
    It sounds like your biking trip is going awesome, sounds so fantastic! Man, Phoenix must be hot, non? ;)
    I totally relate to being kinda triggered by family members health concerns, which your right, is a good thing but I tend to take it too far and I have to tell my fam not to talk about labels and calories at all! My dad used to do it a lot but he tries really hard since I warn him about it, so maybe just ask your sister not to discuss it around you? Hope it gets better, you're a really strong person Scott! Wishing you a wonderful trip and rest of your summer! <3 Amanda

    ReplyDelete