Search My posts

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lack of pics!!







So, I am a bit upset because the reporter at the barista jam hasn't sent me the pictures she took yet :/  And I am quite bummed because they were really good!  Oh well, I will share some of my own ;)  Thanks to my parents for taking them!!
an ARRAY of expensive grinders!!  Elektra Nino, mazzer electronic, and Compak k10 WBC!  I love it!!
A fellow competitor along with a BEAUTIFUL shot of this incredible machine!  4 Group La Marzocco Linea...It was an absolute JOY to work on!
another competitor starting her pour
a picture of me with this machine, about to stop my pull.
me pouring my first latte

I poured my last drink with the help of my future boss and it was my best ever!  Unfortunately no pics :/
I didn't win, but I am so glad I went!!  It makes me really excited for my interview and (hopefully!) job.

Some foodie pics ok?

Chef spinach salad made by my mom :)
I had this as a snack one day, it was really good!!



grilled steak salad.  The steak on this, if I do say so myself, was cooked to perfection!  Perfect medium rare :)
Veggie sushi with edamame, yumm!  I bought this, because I can't make it ;)
and I used this to hold my soy sauce for dipping because I had no cute little dishes ;)  
and my messy table with the dish haha
I guess this is one of the only hot dishes on this post, but it is hot here!  A nice burger on a bun. simple. delish.
and finally...oats in a jar!!  It was just as good as it looks, possibly better ;)
And a pluot! (with a bite nonetheless!  Isn't it so pretty inside?!?!) part plum part apricot...

So, as you can tell, dinners have been a lot of salads.  Simple explanation, it has been HOT HOT HOT here!!!!  This kitchen gets even hotter, so we cook as little as possible!  Here is a pic of the thermometer in the car (measures outside) yesterday after school.
No joke there.  That is legit!  (haha that sounded ridiculous!) Sorry it is blurry...

Well, other than that, nothing else has really happened!  School is school. I think it is easier than the school in Indiana, but... that's ok I guess.  I think it will get harder... But I have just been working through the week, staying on track with my work, and we are already over hump day!!  I can't believe it, this week is going so fast, but it really makes me happy!  I can't wait for the weekend, but I also REALLY want to hear about my interview before then ;)

I hope all is going well for you!  We are more than half way through this week my friends!  I wish you all a terrific thursday, and hopefully I can talk to you all before the weekend!

Scott

2 comments:

  1. barista jam looks sooo cool! i feel like i can smell the coffee beans from over here. yumm.

    hopefully you have a great night and an even better thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so awesome!! It looks like a lot of fun :D

    Food looks delicious too, I LOVE sushi and edamame ... <3

    Weekend's almost here!
    Paola

    ReplyDelete