Search My posts

Saturday, October 30, 2010

CoFFeE!!!

Hey hey!  It has been an awesome week for me, and I hope it has been for all of you as well :)  A lot of my week had to do with coffee...  I think it is just SO cool that I can get paid to be around other coffee geeks like myself!  I love it :)

On Wednesday, I went to see Mitch at the roastery.  Basically, this is where he decides what each bean should be roasted like, to get the best flavors out of each coffee.  He is very knowledgeable, and I had a great time.  We cupped some coffees (the coffee version of a wine tasting you could say) and I think it really helped develop my pallet!  I find it so so hard to taste those minute taste details that you hear described, but I think that this cupping helped me recognize them more.  I can't wait to do it again!  My favorite coffee of the day was the Ethiopian Nekisse.  It was simply superb!  It didn't even taste like coffee, it smelled like black tea, then when brewed it was an intense blueberry flavor with some black tea hints and just super sweet and balanced.  It. Was. To. Die. For!  I can't wait to have it again when our new store opens!  (funny note too:  this coffee was sold at Cafe Grumpy for $12 a cup!  I feel lucky to have tried it!)  I also learned that we are getting this kick ass espresso machine for our new store!!!  I won't bore you with details, but basically it is top of the line and there are only 10 in the US!

(c)

Then thursday we had coffee training, which was basically coffee history and knowledge class.  Very interesting, I learned a lot of new things.  And of course drank some delicious coffee ;)

Then friday and today I worked!  It was SO slow both days :/  It makes the shift go SO slow don't you agree??  I got to leave early today cause we were SO dead, so I went on a bike ride :)  It was nice, but windy.

Have a great Halloween! I am working tomorrow, and we are all going to dress up as communist dictators, so I am going to be Stalin ;)  Kinda weird I know, but the shift lead working tomorrow is a history buff, and he wanted to so I was like, why not.  I will share pictures ;)

Scott

6 comments:

  1. Hey Scott
    I <3 working with coffee and the feeling of a customaer saying "mmm that was a great cup of coffee" :)
    happy halloween
    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a coffee addict :) I just don't function if I don't have a giant mug first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy halloween! I didnt get to comment on your last post but i like your handwriting. you have a really nice signature. its such a compliment that you thought a handwritten post was a good idea :)
    that coffee sounds really good, but expensive! gosh, and i thought starbucks was overpriced. good luck with the costume. i cant wait to see pictures
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, scott, that's amazing! i am SO happy for you! exciting.... :) p.s. love the halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy halloween! I love reading the posts of a fellow coffee-lover and coffee shop employee! I remember the coffee training being my coworkers' LEAST favourite part, but I was a total nerd-wad and loved every moment of it! (Esspecially the different coffee tastings, not gonna lie ;P)

    Your costume sounds hilarious - can't wait to see pics!
    Have an amazing week!
    izzyy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween! I love coffee but my stomach doesnt foro some reason. It also makes me way to jittery! But i love the taste :)

    Dana xo

    PS makes me beyond excited to hear you post about how your happy :)

    ReplyDelete