Search My posts

Saturday, October 23, 2010

out of gas...

I mean this title literally ;)  So this morning I am driving to my ride as I always do, and as I get off of the freeway, my car won't shift.  Weird.  So then I stop at the intersection, and it won't start again!  So, I am sitting at the exit of an exit ramp, my car won't move.  Luckily, a nice man came along and helped me push my car to a parking lot not too far away.  Thank God!  So I park it there, lock it up, and ride to the ride.  Good news is I still got my ride in(more on that later!)  So, when I get back from my ride I try to start the car and it won't start.  Great. So, I thought it was the battery, because my fuel gauge still said I had 1/4 of a tank.  That is easily close to 100 miles.  I tried to ride home, but the car wouldn't lock because all of the locks are electric and I had to stay. (making me think again that it was the battery)  So, I wait for my  parents to finish their ride, and come to meet me at the car.  I assumed it was the battery, but my dad didn't think so.  So we got some gas, and sure enough, it worked!  I was happy it was so simple, but angry that the gauge said I had a 1/4 tank when it was bone dry!  So, I got home :)

True story^^  And that took way too long to explain!   Now, a quick little back track through the week in pictures...

leftover pasta with feta and random veggies

AMAZING seared ahi on jicama with avocado and chili sauce.  I died. haha ;)  This was on my half day from school when I got my bike =D

Saw this while running, and just had to get a picture.  Isn't it pretty??






So as I said, I got my bike on Tuesday!  It is so freaking cool :) Here are some pics...

The new bike was incredible!!! I rode it for the first time today, and it was like I was connected to it, and it knew what I wanted it to do!  I love it =D

And then I cooked a chicken stir fry for dinner, and that is about it.  

I hope you are having an absolutely terrific weekend!  

Scott

10 comments:

  1. That is one snazzy bike! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveee the bike! I'm glad your car only needed some gas. Mine needed a new battery this week...in addition to the tire incident haha. But cartel...it's happening soon! Almost done with midterms! I am excited to see this smart car of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture with the flag! so cute!! that same thing happened to me while driving before, but it was after i parked, i parked on an uphill and there was only a 1/4 tank left, and all the fuel went to the back of the fuel part holder thingy :) and it wouldnt start, very annoying when ur trapped in a time limited shopping zone!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool bike! Sorry about the car. my car doesnt have a gas gage so im always paranoid its going to run out. I track it with mileage but you never know! Glad to hear you sound so up beat and happpy ;)

    Dana xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Scott - great to hear from you - i love the Specialized bike - Specialized is an awesome company!!!!!
    Sorry to hear about the car - my biggest fear is running out of gas!!!
    Lovely eats especially the pasta - i love pasta with veggies!!
    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes awesome bike!!!!! and the eats look very yummy! im sorry about our fbk conversation being interrupted! oy! hopefully we can talk later! lots of love
    katie anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is something that would definitely happen to me :o I drive a Ford Explorer.. and it is always giving me trouble! Granted, it's usually my fault because I fail to do things on time.. like oil changes and gas tank fill-ups, so I can't complain :P Glad everything worked out though! It would have sucked to run into a major mechanical problem.

    Congrats on the bike as well! It's almost as beautiful as that sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh soo sorry about the gas experience! i probably would have freaked out! i love preparing an ahi tuna. soo delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. dude, what kind of bike did you upgrade from? that's a pretty serious road bike (I just checked the MSRP...wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. O.M.G.!!!!! I WANT YOUR BIKE!

    ReplyDelete