Search My posts

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Great weekend!

So this weekend had a LOT of varying activities!  So, we worked a lot, I am tired now, and I hope I can get up in the morning!

First of all, on Friday afternoon, I finally got Killin's postal address and sent him a letter =D

We did a lot of stuff around the house, to help us be able to organise all of our boxes and such...

I built this shelf with my dad to put holiday things and other storage on top, and hang the bikes from underneath it:

ya, we have too many bikes ;)

My dad also cut this hole in our wall :O  No worries, it is for a dog door so the dogs can go out whenever they want to!
that is the kitchen as seen from the outside of the house ;)


And I cut the bottom of my portafilter on my espresso machine so I can see what is going on when I pull a shot <-- LOTS of coffee geek talk right there!  I'll cut to the chase, here is a video:





Then this morning I had a race!  It was the Tour De Scottsdale, and it was different than any other race I had done before.  It was open to anyone (no license needed) but it was timed with a chip and everything.  Pretty cool!  Anyway, there were 1300 riders, and it was a pretty fast race up at the front, but I stayed for quite a while with the fast guys.  The race was 70ish miles and the winner finished in around 2h:20min or so, and I got 2h:58 min, so I was pretty happy with that :)  There were a BUNCH of crashes though :/  I mean like 4 or 5, and it was pretty much all because of the organizers did stupid things to try to keep us out of the way of traffic!  Thankfully, I don't think anyone was seriously hurt though. Here are some pics my mom took of me afterwards with the medal we got for finishing.  And you can see my bike rack on my little car ;)



And I hit the Jackpot on Nut butters today!!  Three different kinds I have never tried before :p

sorry for the crappy photo, I was tired...

She does this ALL on her own!

And, of course, the dogs got some relaxation even if we didn't!  They wanted to be on my blog :)

Well, that was my weekend, all the business and fun I could handle! 

How was your weekend??  I hope it was fantastic!

Have a Magnificent Monday my friends =D 

Scott

8 comments:

  1. :) glad the race went well for you and that you had such a good weekend! I would write more but i am off to sleep! ;)
    Maddi

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me smile!

    and that chocolate almond butter looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow congrats on tour de scottsdale, you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your race!!!!... and love the idea of the "hole in the house" so that your dogs can come and go as they please... I have 5 cats and 2 dogs and that is DEF. something I need in my house.. haha.
    Have a great week!!
    xoxo
    -A <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm happy you did well on your race! It's good that you're able to get all in the groove of racing after your moove! And I'm glad you sent a letter to Killian! You're such an amazing guy. LOVE YOU!

    And your puppies are so cute! Eeep! Oh, and I'm totally into machines and learning how stuff works so I thought it was interesting!

    ♥Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot, another coffee nerd!! I am insanely jeal of your amazing espresso machine - though I must say I love my little stovetop Bialetti...despite the fact I have yet to master amazing crema on mine!!

    [/nerd talk] ;)

    Congrats on your race! I can't wait to get back to exercise and get back on a bike!! I used to love riding trails in parks </3

    izzyy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey scott!
    i just wanted to say thank you for being such an amazing person & for all your beautiful comments on my blog. thank you so much. i don't have words for the depth of my gratitude. *hugs*

    i haven't read your whole blog yet, but man, eating disorders suck. understatement, i know. keep on keeping on, i'm praying for you. lets keep in touch.

    love katie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - congratulations on the AMAZING race, Scott!
    Great job!
    Thank you so much for all the comments you've left me on my blog - they seriously make my day :)
    Wish you a wonderful week!
    G.

    ReplyDelete