Search My posts

Sunday, May 23, 2010

weekend update

I hope you all had a very nice weekend!! The weather here was just beautiful, and I got to ride quite a bit so I am happy J I am doing a lot better now than I was when I wrote my last post, thanks to all of your thoughtful comments and support from you and my family. I appreciate it  :]



Friday: My dad got home!!!!! =D I am so glad to see him! He is working at the Louisville office for two weeks so he is coming home on the weekends :] And I enjoyed this coffee and this breakfast!




oatmeal with blackberries, yogurt, and almonds


Saturday: I rode the breakfast ride with my parents and friends. It was nice, I got a good pace going with another guy on the way to breakfast and it was pretty relaxed after that. Fun though. Then I got home, drank some silk chocolate milk (I love that stuff!!!) and showered, had lunch, then I headed off to the café at church. I had a pretty non busy time at the café, but it was nice. Then I went to church. It was a really good service about how our lives are so stressed out and we speed through everything to get to the next thing. It makes me realize how much I do this, and how much I am missing…



Then we went out to dinner with some friends of ours. It was a lot of fun, we just talked there for a long time and I had a great meal.






It was Alaskan halibut, fresh caught and prepared on site, poached with artichokes, summer squash, olives, and I think there was a bit of butter. It was so good! And cooked just right. It was so tender and just fell apart. Ddddrrrroooollllllll…….. ;)



Sunday: I woke up at 5:15 to eat this…





Muesli soaked overnight with Medjool dates and apple juice with a bit of yogurt.  I added cashews and a blend of soy nuts and seeds in the morning.  It was really good!!!

And go for a ride! I left and couldn’t find my inhaler, so I was a bit worried, but I found it in the car when I got there. This ride is so much fun! I haven’t done it since last season. It is put on by another team, but they don’t mind if we come. It is a really fast ride! It starts at 7 and I get home by 9:30 after doing 50+ miles! I think we averaged like 21 or so including the ride there and back home slowly. I think on the fastest section of the ride we averaged about 24.5mph for probably 10-12 miles. It was such a blast! And I got third place in a sprint ;) I don’t want to sound braggy, but I am pretty proud, and it was so much fun!!!



Then I got home and my parents had a ride planned to the coffee shop, so I was in for that! We ended up having like 20 people and overwhelmed the coffee shop! I had a bagel with cream cheese, because I hardly ever have that. It was so good!! And of course I had an espresso ;]



Then home and relaxing/studying time. We went to Skyline for dinner, and it was pretty good. Nice and easy. I am looking forward to this next week of school because…….. It is the last week!!!! I can’t wait to get out!!!



Have a great Monday! I hope you had just as great of a weekend as I did J



Scott

7 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for turning your mood around! That sounds like a good sermon. Though I don't go to church every Sunday, I appreciate a sermon like that where I can apply it to my life regardless of the strength of my faith.
    I'm so happy you had such a wonderful ride, und gut gemacht mit dritte platz kriegen! Du sollst sehr stolz sein.
    Neues Woche, nues beginnen, oder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!! So happy you were able to get out and have a great ride - hope this week goes by fast for you!!!!! xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow well done for eating the fish, even though the butter might have been 'scary' for ED! You're great. All of your oatmeals look so good, especially with the dates (dates equals love)! Thank you so much for all the comments you leave on my blog, I really hope you know that you are making a difference, that every word you write is a little bit more to help me push onwards and fight and I really do appreciate that.

    Hope the last week of school runs smoothly for you! What are you doing with your summer??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad things are getting better! And i am sure getting to get out and ride a lot helps too! Doing something you love is always really good for relieving stress! ;) Mmmm, that fish sounds SO good!!!! And I usually dont even like fish, but the toppings, and mmm, just yum! :) And that last oatmeal...:) So so good sounding, I have never had over night oatmeal, I will have to try it sometime soon! Have a fantastic week Scott! :)
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott it's so great to hear that things turned around for you! I'm sure that getting a few good rides in and enjoying great food and company didn't hurt :) Those are the kinds of things that make life worth living.

    That's awesome that you only have a week of school left! Not too long now before you're free for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so great, I'm really happy for you that your weekend turned out this good!

    xJulia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hii just found your blog, cant wait to read more. you are an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete