Search My posts

Monday, May 31, 2010

Freiheit!!!

I guess I really am quite the German geek, because I titled my post "Freiheit" which means freedom.  Freedom from what you ask?  School of course!!

I can't believe 1) that I haven't blogged for over a week  :0 and 2) that It is summer!  I am so excited to be blogging and not having to rush for school work later :)

so, what has been going on, lets see.....  eats shall we?
A sandwich I had some time during the week with fete, Tabbouleh, and turkey.

a bowl of banana oats I believe...

And more oats with Justin's cinnamon PB


So last week consisted of school, finals, and more school.  One interesting thing I did: My first mountain bike ride!  I had a lot of fun, but I crashed 5 times :p  I guess that is part of learning right?  I got really dirty!! 
It really was a lot more dirt than the photos show. And I now have like 7 bruises all over my knee!

This weekend, I did quite a bit of riding :)  We had great weather and it was nice.  My dad is home this weekend so I got to ride with him and my mom as well!  That was good :)  Saturday was just our usual breakfast ride, and sunday I went on a training ride with another team.  I got 50 miles in on that ride then I went with my parents and some friends to a little coffee shop for a bit of lunch and I got 90 miles for the day.  I was pretty happy with that, because it was SO hot!  I was glad to get home.

Then today, I woke up to go on a ride with the family, but we were all tired and didn't want to go so we didn't :)  I am glad that I was able to let it go and not worry about it too much.  We had a showing at 10:45 so we cleaned every inch of the house and got out of there by 10:40 and just drove around in the car with the dogs.  Then the showing service calls us at 11:40 when we are almost home anyway, and tells us that the showing is cancelled because the buyers didn't like the neighbourhood!!  I wish they hadn't even called and let us think that they had at least come and we had cleaned meticulously for some purpose!  Having your house on the market sucks.

but I got to take my grandma to whole foods!! She had never been so I got her hooked up with all of our blogger goodies ;) Lara bars, bulk nuts and seeds, some chocolate covered almonds, dried figs, Medjool dates, ahh she loved it! And I did too because I got to get all my stuff too!! More Medjools for me ;)


And my cousin had a baby..... at home!!!!!*$)(#*$)#@*&!  I think that is so crazy!!  Everything went well though, so that is good  :)

On to tonight.  We went out to a Thai restaurant and I got a jungle curry and I ordered it hot.  And it was HOT!  I didn't get a picture, but it was chicken and veggies that were lightly cooked and still had some nice crunch to them.  It was all sitting in a deceivingly simple broth with herbs that was really insanely spicy!

Then we went for froyo!  I must admit that I have not been to a froyo place in forever!  There aren't that many here, but there was one right next to the Thai place so I got everyone to go there :)  I got a mixture of coconut and taro (which they tell me is a root) topped with cashews, coconut, and pineapple.  It was delish!!!  A perfect nightie snack :)

And look at the walls! Covered in hearts!!

So that was pretty much it for me!  I will talk to you all later, and hopefully more frequently now that school is out :)  Keep on loving yourself and enjoy a terrific tuesday!!

Scott

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back Scott and congrats on being done for the summer!!!! Great post - you definately have been quite busy - glad to hear you enjoyed mountain biking - and 90 miles - that's awesome!!!!!
    Did your cousin plan to deliver her baby at home???? You know im an ob/gyn so i deliver babies but i've never delivered one at home!!!
    Love the frozen yogurt - actually that's exactly what im eating - im eating Red Mango frozen yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and flaxseed!!!!
    Glad your doing well - xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott :D

    Was wondering where you had gone, being all M.I.A. on us of late haha. Glad you're on summer, that's such a fun feeling, I still have a month :/ what are you doing with your summer? Haha I laughed at you bringing your granny to whole foods and getting her larabars. Let us know what she thinks of them! And congratulations to your cousin though the thought of childbirth makes me retch and at home even worse! Fair deuce I gotta hand it to her! Froyo looks goood! I heard a lot about Taro when I was in Vietnam last year but I never really found out what it was. But I know it was really popular as a dessert or sweet snack so i'm guessing it was yummy,

    Hope we hear more from you in the future, thanks so much for all the support you've been giving me, you really really do help me,

    Killian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for freedom! Loving the wall with the hearts:)

    xJulia (taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog and u have great lookin eats!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete