Search My posts

Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday 3. April 2010

Hello everybody!  I hope you all had a nice Monday :]

My day went pretty well.  I guess it started a trend when I had a sub in math :]  It was still kinda really boring, but at least we didn't have to deal with Ms. ####  that is so awful!!  Then we watched a tv show in second period called Intervention.  Have any of you seen it?  It is pretty good in my opinion.  This episode was about a crack cocaine addict and a heroin addict.  They always have an intervention at the end (hence the name of the show)  and both of these people had been sober since 2007, so it ended on a positive note.

Then in third period (band), we had a a free day!  Third one in a row! :p  I just sat around and talked and memorised some stuff for German class.

Then German was fun as usual ;)  we always do so much in each and every day!  Today we talked about another fairy tale and started working on our own.

After school today, I planned on going on a bike ride.  So I got ready and left the house by about 5:30 to get up to the starting point by 6:15.  My mom was going to drive but I wanted to be sure I got there on time.  I am paranoid about being late, but I am always early!  Anyway so I got there and no sooner than I did, a storm blew in :(  We were deciding wether or not to ride and there was a huge cool down so we decided to leave.  It was a good decision because we got a royal downpour a few minutes later.  So I was glad to have gone home.

This however, brought with it a minor problem:  I had already eaten my bar to ride :/  I know it shouldn't really matter if I ride or not after eating it, but it is such a routine for me.  I have a hard time going above and beyond my usual meal plan (I use this term loosely, I don't have a MP so to speak, more of a pattern of eating that is possibly a bit more rigid than the average person).  So, the ride home was a bit stressful because of this, but I decided to ride indoors instead.  I am happy to say that I didn't ride indoors for very long at all.  Way less than I would have outside because it is so boring.  I think that earlier on in my recovery I would have done way more on the spin bike and this change in schedule would have bothered me tremendously.  But it is OK.  Will an extra few hundred calories kill me or make me a slower cyclist? NO!!  ED lies, I tell you what, are SO irrational, and each and every time I notice this, the happier and more independent of my ED I feel.

On to some eats to finish up this post...
A snack some day. Aren't these tiny carrots? So long and skinny! with blue corn tortilla chips

A cup of yogurt-filled to the brim :)


A smoothie I made tonight. I always seem to make too much. So I get to have some tomorrow ;]

Make tomorrow a great day!  I promise to give it my all :]

Scott

3 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of this post! :) I dont have time right now to write my own but i had to read some! I cant wait to tell you about swimteam! And good job telling ED to get out of your face, I'm also sorry the ride didnt get to happen, thats unfortunate. but u are so positive about it annyway! :D Love ya!
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, LLLoooove the pink smoothie! Es is wunderbar das du nicht so rigid wäre. Flexability is key, and you handled it well by listening to yourself. Keep challenging ED like that! This is what makes Scott stronger.
    Also, blue corn tortilla chips= 10x cooler than regular ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right, Scott; an ED is a big liar and everything it says is based on nothing more than irrational fears. I'm so glad that you were able to realize this and felt happier and more independent as a result. Every time we fight against our ED's, we gain a little bit more freedom. Keep on fighting!

    ReplyDelete