Search My posts

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beautiful Award!! =D

I am SO happy to be back!  I missed blogging so much it is quite sad ;)  I got (mostly) caught up with reading today though!!  And I found out that...

I got the Beautiful Award from spectacular Lucie!!!!!

1) What physical features do you love about yourself?
 
I love what my body can do for me.  I am constantly amazed by how adaptive and amazing the human body is.  For example, I love my legs because they allow me to bicycle.  I love my eyes because they allow me to see.  I love my ears because they allow me to hear beautiful music.  Get the pattern ;)

2) How do you personally take care of yourself?
 
I try to nourish my body in the right way as we all do.  I also try to get in adequate exercise while allowing myself to recover as well.  I keep my spirit healthy through going to church, merge, and small group.
 
3) What are you looking forward to?
 
I am looking forward to racing this weekend, riding tomorrow, seeing who you all give the award to, LIFE!!

4) Who has aided your recovery the most?
 
I don't think I  can really say one person helped me the most because everyone helped me so much!  My biggest support came from my family: Meagan, Mom, and Dad.  But there are so many people that have aided my recovery:  My therapist, my nutritionist, everyone.  And all of YOU :) your blogs (and some blogs that are no more) have helped me so much!!

5) What was the very last thing you ate?
 
Funny you ask, I am eating yogurt with raisins, flax, honey and granola right now! ;)

6) What is one material thing you are dying to have right now?
 
I am not really dying to have anything, but I guess if I had to choose  it would be a new bike 
 and a new coffee grinder





7) If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
hmmm Anywhere in Europe!  I am going to Germany in the summer, and I would love to go to Italy, Russia, Sweden, all of them!!  And Asian countries and... I guess I just want to travel a lot ;)

8) What is/was your biggest fear food, and how will/did you conquer it?
 
My biggest fear food was Butter.  I still struggle with it a little bit, I don't like to use a lot, but I can use it :)  I guess I got over it by just eating it.  I know it sounds cliché, but that was kinda it.  I hated it when I was forced to use butter on anything for a long time.  My mom would put it on my bread or on my potatoes and I absolutely hated it (but now I thank her for it so much!)  But after some time I realized that it wasn't evil and it wouldn't kill me etc.  I would be just fine.

9) What are your dreams for after ED?
 
My dream is just to impact the lives of others in a positive way.  I don't really know how I am going to do that yet, but I am sure it will all work out.  I would LOVE it to be by me being a professional bicycle racer though!

10) What advice would you give to someone concerning eating disorders?
 
Don't give up.  It is a long journey, but there is an end, we just can't see it some times.  I would also tell them that there is always more support for you than you could ever imagine.  People care for us so much, even when we fail to care for ourselves.  And finally, God has a plan and is with you.  That is the biggest thing, God is with you and will bring you through this.  :)


Unfortunately, I can only pass this award along to ten of you :(  You all deserve it so much!!!  But I guess that is just how these things work  :/

So here it is: I present Devan, Aimee, Ellie, Maddi, Amanda, Alexandra, Alexis, Killian, Stef, and Amanda and YOU!!!  with the Beautiful award because you are all such wonderful, strong people and I love you all :) Post your answers to the questions on your blog and pass it along to 10 more bloggers :)

Have a terrific thursday!!

Scott

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Scott - yes you totally deserve the award!!!!!! I always find your post to be so uplifting!!!!!! I look forward to reading each and every day!!!! Love all of your answers - i know one day you will be a FAMOUS professional rider - who knows you may be the next Lance Armstrong!!!!
    And one day when im a bit better we have to go mountain biking together!!!!
    I too believe that God has a plan for each of us we just have to trust in his plan!!!
    Thanks so much for passing the award to me - it totally made my day and made me smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed that today!!!!!!!! I can;t wait to answer them in my next post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo aime

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, yay, i won an award!!! :D woo hoo! thanks Scott, hopefully we can chat again soon!
    I also loved your honest answers, they were great! :) you are so right, God IS here!
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott thanks so much for tagging me :) I answered these questions in a recent post, but it means a lot that you would think of me, I'm touched.

    I loved your answers, especially the first one. Most of the time, when we think about our favorite features, we tend to focus on how we physically perceive them. I love how, instead, you focused on what our bodies can do for us, because in the end that's what really matters. Thank you for the beautiful reminder to appreciate my body for the life it enables me to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answers! Espescially how you nourish yourself spiritually as well as physically...that is often overlooked but is SO important.

    Thank you so much for thinking of me and tagging me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete