Search My posts

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whirlwind

How do you like the new colors?  My sister said that the coffee beans were hard to read over, so I changed it a nice blue gradient.  I made the space for pictures bigger also.  How do you like?


This morning I had an uninteresting bowl of cereal ( I missed my oats today!)  And headed downtown for breakfast #2 with my dad and a friend.  Our friend shows up with a frankenstein bike at least I call it that ;)  It is a mountain bike frame with a mountain bike rear wheel, and a road front wheel.  It has the weirdest handlebars that are so tiny, and has a hydraulic rear brake!  It was quite funny, but I guess just for bike geeks ;)  I SOOO wished I had ridden my mountain bike because the roads were awful!  So rough...


We went to this really cool bagel shop.  They have SO many sandwiches!!  I ended up just getting a pumpernickel bagel with veggie cream cheese.  It was delish!  And I love this shop/restaurant because everyone knows my dad and friend, because they come in all the time.  I just love it when you go to a place where you can talk to the owners and stuff...


When we got home, we quickly showered and ate lunch.   I had this weird concoction I thought of with chopped ham and onion as a sandwich filling.  It was pretty god, but not great, and uber messy!  Then before we knew it, the mobile vet showed up!  Yep, we have a mobile vet here!!  They just drive up and park in the driveway and give the dogs their shots right there.  It is so much easier and less stressful for the dogs, let alone us!


My dad had to drop off his snow tires to a guy who bought them (no needing those in AZ!!) and went to his dr. appt.  I just read in the lobby.  We got home, and at around 5:15 we left for another ride.  I wanted to do the usual training ride, but we ended up doing this ride my parents wanted to do that we used to do a lot.  Again I wished I had ridden my mountain bike...    It starts at our friends' house and it is ok, but the roads are just awful!!   And some of the people there get on my last nerve!  J.K. is just a total BS'er and I just can't stand it.  He is so competitive and ugh!!  To make things worse, the wind had gusts up to 40mph!!!!  It was crazy, but warm so I'll take that.  But we got home safely and that is all that matters.  We agreed though that we needn't do that ride again!  After the ride, they always have desert and I was a bit nervous about it, because I need food after a ride, but I still have some trouble with "desert" foods.  But my mom prompted me to plan ahead and I packed a mini sandwich and a banana.  I ate that and drank some chocolate milk :)  Did you know that chocolate milk is one of the best recovery drinks??  That is what they tell me... And I'll go with it, it tastes hella good!


So pretty much my day :)  Off to read as many of your posts as I can before I go to bed!!


Scott

3 comments:

  1. sounds fun to me! And I like your new blog look. it was hard to read over the coffee beans, lol, so I am glad you changed it! love you and your positive and fun attitude! :)
    maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the NEW aesthetics :) I loved the last ones too, but this is more practical, you are right. It must have been nice to ride with your family despite the bad roads. And maybe desert next time? Hehe, you never know :) Baby steps, right??
    Schocolade milch ist gut, aber ich liebe frisches, weisses milch (der milch aus Deutschland ist toll!)
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh so jealous that you get to go on bike rides all the time :] my town is SO not bike friendly :[ boo.
    glad you had a good day :]

    ReplyDelete