Search My posts

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend :)

Hello my favourite readers!

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter!  I spent the weekend in Cincinnati with family.  It was pretty fun, but I didn't get to comment on any of your blogs :(  My Grandma doesn't have a computer!  And my chances of getting a wifi signal in a senior community with my sister's laptop are slim to none... So here I am now!  I got to read some of your posts, but I had a busy day today too!  But first I will start with the weekend...

On Saturday, we went on a bike ride.  You know how in my last post I was going through this huge process to decide if I wanted to ride with my team or my family?  Well I ended up riding with my family because it looked like it was going to rain later :/  Then that brought up the decision of which bike to ride.  I wanted to ride the new mountain bike, but I also didn't and ughh!  After a half hour I just chose the singlespeed road bike and went with it. I had fun though and we got home just before the rain got bad! I got home and had this:


Toasted english muffin with
a perfectly poached egg and
cilantro on top of swiss cheese.  


Then it was out the door for me and the family on our way out to Cincinnati. 

We got to my grandma's house, and she was feeling much better, so we were all happy :)  My grandma is so funny!  She goes to the fridge and gets out a regular coke (she is diabetic) and starts drinking it.  My mom asks her why she is drinking regular coke, and she says "I used to be a sugar diabetic"  Ya, she "used" to be diabetic.  Her sugar is around normal now so she wants to drink reg. coke again.  Whatev.  She is 88 years old she can do what she wants!  ;)

She is so funny!  I love her <3

Then we went out to dinner at skyline.  I got their Greek chicken salad and it is always good :)  

Then we went out to the grocery to buy stuff for Easter, and we went into half price books as well.  I had never been in there, but it is amazing!  I got two magazines all for a dollar :)  that was my entertainment for the weekend!  My sister convinced my mom to buy this for her at kroger: 
Hehehehe :)

When I got back to grandma's house, I had greek yogurt with mango chopped up.  I am not really sure I like mango.  It has such a weird flavor don't you think?

On Easter morning, we went to church with my grandma on my mom's side.  Then we went over to my aunt and uncle's house for brunch.  It was kinda redic. because we were supposed to eat at 11:30, but we didn't eat until 12:30!  That side of the family is always slow, never in a rush.  We all have our quarks though!  The brunch was okay,  I ate a lot of the fruit salad we made.  It was so good!  We also had an egg casserole and some french toast.  I had a bit of each.

Then it was on to my dad's brother's to see the other side of the family.  We ate there again, and I had some ham and a roll and some of the vegetables that were there.  It was nice, we got to see my cousins that I haven't seen for quite a while :)  it was a nice time and we all had fun.

Then we drove home, and I slept most of the way ;)  here is a pic of how the dogs liked to lay on me!
From Scott:recovered

Then today, it was such a beautiful morning!!  I slept in until 8:15 and my sister was awake before me *shock!*  I had a breakfast of unpictured oats with strawberry and flax :) 

My sister headed off to classes at around 10:00, so me and my dad went on a bike ride! :)  It was so much fun, just the two of us.  we went to the coffee shop and had a nice lunch together.  It was great!

When we got home, we worked at the bike line for 2 hours, they said they needed help.  We brought mini as a "shop dog!"  She didn't really like it :/  Here is a picture of her on my grandma's couch though  :)

Dinner tonight was whole wheat pasta a la sally :) My mom made a topping for the pasta out of veggies and boca crumbles. It was Great! Thanks mom :)

I saw this when I looked out the window so I just had to take a picture!!

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter!!

Scott

4 comments:

  1. Happy post Easter Scott! Sounds like things are looking up for you, as usual! Your posts are infinitely uplifting, I must say, and the laches egg makes ne jealous! I can never seem to make mine just right :/ always too vinigary, or not enough vinegar to emulsify the egg. Kudos to you, my friend!
    Gute nacht Scott:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. scott! :]
    so happy u had such a great weekend! your Grandma made me smile, she is soo cute and sounds so funny and cute, love the coke story lol! :D This post ended my day on such a good note, so uplifting and just sounded like such a great time! :] <3 & the rainbow at the end, so so beautifull! also had to say i love the new look of ur blog! and that breakfast looks so good, i must have poached eggs on english muffins soon :]

    have a great night!

    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy slightly belated Easter, Scott! Sounds like you had a great weekend :) Love your grandma, love the bunny you got for your sister, and love the rainbow.

    By the way, your poached egg looks delicious. To this day, I still haven't tried my eggs poached; I really have no idea how to cook them properly that way... something I evidently need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!! :) I love the rainbow! Haha, and the story about your grandma, you are right, if you have lived that long you should be able to drink whatever you darn please! ;) I'm happy to see you had such a good weekend! Love you, and thanks for your comment on my blog today too! We should skype soon! :)
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete