Search My posts

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Do I have a lot to tell you!!

It feels like it has been so long since I blogged!  I think it was last friday!!!

I got some great riding in over the past week or so :)  The weather has been fantastic!


X2 hehe
I can't remember when this was, but I LOVE these things!  Have you ever had them?  They are 100% juice frozen into popsicles!  Such a great idea!!  They are great on a hot day when you come in from outside

Then Saturday, I had a race =D It was awesome!  I did cat 3's because I knew I would have team-mates in that race so I did it instead of the cat 4's.  It was pretty tough, fast, but I stayed with the group the whole time!  There were two crashes in the last two laps, and the last one was with probably less than a km to go, so I just coasted in and made sure my team-mates were ok.  I I happy to say that my team-mates and I made it out unscathed.  It was scary though!!  The first crash wasn't bad, it was just some people got tangled up at the top of the hill.  They were going slow when they went down, so they were all fine.  The last one, not so much :/  The back of a race is always dangerous when you are on the last lap headed for the finish.  I didn't think I could make it to the front of the pack in time, so I sort of slowed up a bit and made sure I had enough room to get around any crashes.  It turns out I needed it!  All of a sudden, I hear a crash, and then this guy flips upside down and starts sliding over the pavement into the dirt on the side of the road.  Mind you, we were probably going 26-30 Mph, so it was a pretty bad crash.  After that I slowed down and made sure my coach (who was racing also) was ok because he was near the front of the pack.  It turns out the guy who crashed hit him when he tried to pass and almost made my coach crash too!!  Scary stuff...  Anyway, here are some pics of the race!!



lined up at the start line

From Scott:recovered
A bit of turning action





and look at this picture of me!! Haha look at my face ;) (I am in the yellow)

Then I got my new phone!!  I love it!  I can do so much of anything you could possibly think of!  There is also a built in GPS and stuff.  There is more than I have even discovered yet!  I also had a great time with my grandma :)  She was so funny :)

Then yesterday and today have been pretty normal at school so lets just get onto the after school stuff shall we??


yesterday's breakfast: OIAJ (oats in a jar) with banana in a DCD jar!

Yesterday after school, I worked on my bike some, but the hi-light of my day wastalking with T on facebook!  I told him about my blog and everything and it was so nice :)  He is the first person outside of family I have told about my ED and it felt so good!!  He was really understanding and nice and all, so thank you T :)

Then tonight, I went out on a training ride and Graham was there again :)  I talked before about how he is just such a nice guy.  It was a great ride tonight, we stayed together as a group of 50+ for the entire 30 miles!  That is really unusual.  It was so much fun though, and Graham led me out (blocks the wind for me to get up to speed then sprint around him right at the end) for the sprint and I almost won :)  It was fun :)

I'll end up with a pic of some lindt extra dark chocolate 80% cacao 


well that is all for me! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Scott

8 comments:

  1. yay, Scott is alive!!! :D The racing seems sooo exciting! You go so stinking fast its crazy! And i can skype this week on Thur and Fri. so I hope you can too! The time difference keeps making things hard and i have been so busy with school but Thur. and Fri. afternoon I will just be chilling in Vancouver! Hopefully we can talk!
    Peace! :)
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Your race looks like a lot of fun!

    OIAJ *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture of you Scott!!!!!! I would love one day to be able to compete in a bike race!!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!!! xo aim

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! Crashing sounds so scary/ painful! haha, glad you stayed safe and avoided it! Love the way to describe your race, its so exciting to read!

    Have a fantastic day!!! :D

    xoxo
    -A <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wondeful ride, 30 miles, wow! And for the race.. That is crazy that there was a wreck, but I am glad that you are
    okay. I am moving to Pennsylvania this summer, and I thinks it's so cool that we will be going through that process at the same time.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah!!! So glad you're ok, that sounds really scary. I'm so clumsy that even if I was ahead of the crash, I would still somehow get tangled up into it haha. Sounds like you did lot's of biking stuff lately, glad, you should be doing something you enjoy as often as possible. Love Lindt chocolate and dark? Oh so droolworthy :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds intense- glad you are okay! The pictures are great! What a fun ride!!!!!!

    I want to like dark chocolate, but it's milk all the way for me (hello, peanut butter cups!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    And you will get there, believe me...and real chocolate is a great start:)

    Have a great day, xJulia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete