Search My posts

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Already!?!?

hello readers! ;]  I hope you are all having a great week!!  Can you believe it is already Thursday?  It is my spring break and it is almost half over :(

Yesterday I woke up early and went on a bike ride with my dad and a friend.  I rode my mountain bike!!  First we drove the van to a repair shop to get the rear brakes done, and rode from the shop.  It was fun, we went to Zionsville for coffee and breakfast (I had a second bowl of oats)  :]  Then we headed back to our friend's work at bike line, and we test rode a bike another friend had there that he is selling.  My dad and I loved it!  It is so smooth over rough road, but also so stiff and transfers power really well.  Now I want to buy it!  We rode home around 10:30 and the car wasn't ready yet so we just went home and had lunch and showered.

After lunch we started to ride back up to the repair shop and it started to rain :/  We were in normal street clothes, not bike clothes, because we were going to drive back over to Bike Line to work after we picked up the car.  Long story short, we rode there and got soaked to the bone :/  Of course that brings along with it road grime and dirt and all around gross!  Then I got to the bike shop and I had forgotten to pack normal shoes!  So I was working in my bike shoes, which have carbon soles (read: SUPER stiff!)  And my feet hurt :(  We finally dried off though and I built a few bikes, so it ended well :)

I had an appointment with my psychologist at 4:00.  We wanted to meet with her (Dr. H) because of how much stress moving and selling the house can bring.  The way we always do it is I go in first and talk about anything I need to and then my parents come in.  It went really well!  We talked about ways to cope with the change of a move and things like that, and how I felt about everything.  I also talked about how I might want to be a psychologist, but I am afraid that it may be a desire not of me, but of my eating disorder.  Dr. H really eased my stress about that, because she pointed out that even in my ED, I never really had a problem with letting other people's problems get to me; or in other words, I feel pressure to be the "caretaker."  She also said how it took her 4 changes in major to figure out what she wanted to do, so it is never too late to change your mind.

We also talked about blogging!  My parents were a bit concerned that I was spending too much time surrounded by ED thoughts and such.  I told them how I really feel like for me the blog community is a support group.  We all help each other through struggles and congratulate each other when we overcome something.  I think it is somewhat like a journal that we share with everybody else, you know?  I am so thankful for all of the help all of you have given me through your comments.  It helps me so much :)  We left the office in a good mood, and my parents now really understand why I blog =D  It was great!

Then last night, I went to church (Merge) and we had a game night because not many people are here with spring break and all.  We played dodge-ball and I got nailed in the face :(  My glasses got all bent and messed up, all from a foam covered ball!!  I don't even know who threw it...  But I got the glasses bent back into shape and I just hung out the rest of the time.  Not the best Merge you could say!

My night was great though!  I Skyped with Maddi and it was awesome!!  She is such a great person and we just talked and talked for a long time about all kinds of stuff :)

That was my Wednesday, pretty good overall I think :)

Today, I had Blueberry plum oatmeal with almond butter.  Yummmmm

We have a showing (of the house) at 11-12:30, so I don't really know what I am going to do today!  I am going to do a training ride later, and it is going to be cold!!  The high today is only in the low 50's, and yesterday it got up to 80 :/  It should be fun though.

I will talk to you all later!!  Have a great Thursday!

Scott

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear that your meeting with your psychologist went well, Scott. Talking things out is a great way to feel better, especially because sometimes it allows us to realize things that we wouldn't have otherwise seen in ourselves. That's a part of why I love blogging so much. Writing helps me reflect on my thoughts/actions and find meaning in them. Although the blog world is full of ED thoughts, I don't it to be triggering. Like you said, it's a great place to get support and advice and I'm glad your parents understood that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had a good meeting with your psych. I think I read in one of your past blogs that u are moving to AZ? I live here and go to AZ State. IT's pretty awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind on your blog! New layout? Looks great! So glad you got a chance to talk things through- apparently moving house is on the top ten most stressful things list. So yeah, glad you are getting some help with that and don't forget that all it takes is to meet a few new people to start to feel at home... I've moved a LOT over the years and started to apprecciate how much of a clean slate it was. Especially being in a better place- it's like literally leaving the bad stuff behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D That was so fun talking to you! :) I agree about the blogging, its so good you got to talk about how it helps you and doesnt hurt you with your parents. Seriously, it has helped me soo much, partly because people reach out to me, and partly because i get the chance to reach out to others. :)
    Your bowl of oats looks really really good.
    You are in my prayers too Scott!
    Maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete