Search My posts

Friday, April 2, 2010

HOT HOT HOT!!!

It was seriously hot here today and yesterday!!  We set a record at 82 yesterday and are going to get up to 84 today :)  I am loving this!  Good practice for Arizona no??

Yesterday I went on a bike ride again after finishing my last day of school before spring break!!  Yep it is spring break now =D  The ride was the Nebo ride again, and it was amazing as usual!  ;)  It ended up having like 110 people!  It is crazy!! We started in 4 separate groups so it was manageable though.  And I saw a guy with a new bike with electronic shifting on it (di2)!  I guess I should explain right?  hehe.  well it is shifting, but instead of cables, there are electronic motors that shift.  I don't know if it is that great, but it costs $4,000 just for the shifting!!!!  It was the first bike with it I had seen on the road so I was quite excited ;)  .  The weather was incredible, it was like 75, but the winds were at 17 from the south :/  We started out north, so that was awesome.  we went like 30+ mph with the wind at our backs and it was amazing!  Then we turned south....  It was SOOO windy!  We had a big enough group that we went quite a bit faster than I thought we would in the wind.  stayed with the front of the group up until I got stuck at a street they all crossed because of traffic :(  Oh well, I felt great and it was so much fun!!

Today started out with this bowl of deliciousness.  Oats with a banana whipped in wit Dark chocolate dreams pb and a bit of unsweet cocoa to make it just a tad bit chocolatier!  Yum :)

Then our friend came over who I hadn't seen in ages. We rode over to the coffee shop, and it was great.  A nice easy ride, and it was nice to catch up with our friend again.  I rode his bike for a minute and Oh.  My.  GOSH!!  It is amazing!  It just does exactly what you want it to do when you are riding it.  It's insane...  Here is a pic of what it looks like.

Then I got home and saw that my bars from Lucie arrived!!!!
 (pictured by one of my mom's many Easter decorations!)

I have been waiting forever after she had to resend them.  I swear the postman ate them!  I will let you know when I eat one for sure :)  

Then me and my dad headed up to the bike line to pick up a new mountain bike!  It is called the Kona Kaboom.  what a weird name no?  It is a single speed (one gear) and our friend was selling it for really cheap so we couldn't pass it up.  My mom agreed too, so we went for it :)  I rode it around today and it is so much fun!  It is my first mountain bike so I am excited  :)

well I am off to the Good Friday service at church so I will catch you later!  Hope you are all having a wonderful day today :)

Scott

5 comments:

  1. Hey Scott! Hehe, okay funny (stupid) thing happened, lol. The second time I shipped them (and apparently you got the second batch but not the first... too weird?) I gave them to my mom to ship, who was going to the post office, and she said she shipped them, came back to the car, and then saw that one had fallen out, so she shipped that one separately but the same day, and assumed it would get there at the same time. So, sorry! You should be getting the straggler tomorrow I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woweeee those bars sound so yum! lucie is a genius. cant wait to hear your reviews of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom nom nom, lucie's bars look spectacular!!! Can't wait for mine ;)
    Ich wünsche du ein wuuuunderbares Ostern! Ich will shocolade Eier fressen <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Scott- glad you finally got the bars you were waiting for!!!! That's great about the mountain bike - i love mountain bikes!!! Hope u get to do some riding this weekend - the weather is beautiful!!! Have a Happy Easter!!!! xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, one you buy your first mountain bike, you are officially hooked and will not stop! Just warning you.

    ReplyDelete