Search My posts

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lucie's Bars!!!!

I sure am glad to have arrived at the weekend!!  I have had a crazy week :/

Without further ado, a bar review!!

~so it has been taken me way too long to get a review posted on Lucie's bars :(  But better late than never right?  Here are the first three that I have tried...

First off, a few general things that apply to all the bars:  The texture is very similar to a larabar, but with a bit more chewiness in my opinion.

"Peaches and Cream" 

Ingredients are: Dried peaches, raw cashews, Ghiradelli white chocolate chips, ginger, and nothing else!

I really loved the texture of this bar.  The dried peaches had a really chewy texture that I loved.  The ginger adds a nice bit of zest to it, but it isn't spicy.  It is more of a "hmmm... what is that?" kind of a thing ;)  And the white chocolate chips add to the effect by providing that nice creaminess... yum!


"Strawberry Shortcake"
Ingredients: Dried strawberries, cashews, vanilla extract, and nothing else!  This really does taste like a strawberry shortcake!  I can really taste the vanilla, and I had no Idea you could even buy dried strawberries!!  It really is great. 











"I Like it So What?"
(Sorry, but I can't find a pic or the ingredients of this one)  My favorite!  It sounds weird at first with the balsamic, but trust me it is a fantastic addition.  It brings out the sweetness of all the fruit and it doesn't taste "vinegary" at all.  I guess it adds some sort of a richness?  I can't put my finger on it but is my favorite of the bars I have tried :)  There isn't one predominant flavor so to speak, but all together it tastes fantastic!


Pistachios and Rainbows
 A bar inspired by Maya, how wonderful!  And it is!!  The ingredients are:  Dried cherries, pistachios, rainbow sprinkles, and nothing else! they all pair really well together.  You get the tart sweetness from the cherries and the wonderful pistachio flavor that I cannot describe :)  And the rainbow sprinkles make it look pretty, and they add a nice crunch! 



Don't you love this^^^!?!?!  Read it closely, not the nutrition (even though it is fabulous) but look at the inspiration and motivation on there!!  I love it!!

And to make it all better, all of the profits go to NEDA (National Eating Disorder Association)  to battle eating disorders!!  Talk about a snack with a conscience!   And what's better than buying from a person you know to support a cause with personal meaning to you?!

So check out her Etsy shop.  It looks like she is not selling right now, but you'll wanna be ready when she comes back!!

Scott

5 comments:

  1. i love your reviews on Luci's amazing bars, i loved the pistachios and rainbows one that she sent Maya and i, it was So so good, the bar inspired by Killian sounds so good! i am so intrigued!! and the peaches and creme and strawb shortcake yum, i must order some, it is such a wonderful thing she is doing, the Nutritional facts and the NEDA and just all the love and thought she puts into the flavors is just amazing! love that girl! oh and the nourishing mornings bar ;) is to die for ;) it has coconut, cashews, oats and dates! so chewy and coconuty and yummi!

    xx
    eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucie's bars look so good! Genius:) I especially love the nutritional stats...the way she phrased it is just <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Scott and I love the pictures!!!!!! I think its great that some of the money goes to NEDA - a worthy cause i must say!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed them!!!!! xoxo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews, Scott! And your pictures make the bars look super good :) I think my favorite would be Strawberry Shortcake; I love vanilla and strawberries!

    Hope you're having a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yum! They were so very good! I may have to try I Like it, so What? and Strawberry Shortcake when she's bak in action. I especially loved Greek Goddess! Hope your weekend is spectactular.

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete