Search My posts

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My was that a fast weekend!!  I had a great time :)  But first here are a few photos that I wanted to share on Friday.

Here is Gretchen while she is alert...



and when she is asleep on me! (confession: I slept a bit too!)


And here is a photo that I just had to share!  I took a bite of my hot date 
(Medjool date with peanut butter inside melted to perfection in the micro) and look inside!!


Yuuuuummmm

Onto this weekend shall we?  Well I begrudgingly woke up at 6:40 on saturday morning to go on a bike ride with my parents.  We went on the breakfast ride!  It was pretty fun, and Meagan met us there to have breakfast.  She was sort of forced too, because we had a showing in the morning ;)  It was kinda sad though, because it was my dad's last one since he is moving :(  After I got home, I mowed the lawn...

We got home and somebody else was pulling into the driveway for a showing, so we rode around some more.  We ended up having 5 showings yesterday!!!  That is crazy!!!  

I also worked at church, but I made sure I could go to service :)  It was baptism weekend!!  We only had 11 baptisms at our service, but the entire church had over 100 baptisms this weekend!!  It is incredible!  I was so excited too, because I found out that the kid I had helped last year in vacation bible school over the summer was getting baptized.  I did special needs help last year, and I was assigned to E because he has aspergers syndrome (a mild form of autism) and it was so cool to see him get baptized after spending the week with him last summer...

For dinner, we went out for dinner with me, my sister, my parents, and some friends of the family, who happen to also be our realtors! We went out to Stone Creek and it was really good! I got the blackened mahi mahi, and it was cooked perfectly. It had a cilantro aioli with it that I didn't care for, but I guess that might have just been me ;) It also came with veggies and a baked potato.

Oh, I almost forgot! They have the best bread!! It comes fresh out of the oven and omg is it good!

This morning we had a late ride, and I slept in until 8:30! I had banana chocolate oats, and enjoyed them as per the usual. Then I helped my dad pack his car to be transported to Arizona. He decided to ship the car rather than drive it all the way, so now he gets to stay with us longer =D

So, the ride. I decided to ride the mountain bike because it was going to be a slower ride anyways. We had like a "progressive ride" hehe. A group started at a friend's house farther north, then met us at our house and we met another group at another friend's house. We went to Zionsville, and I was expecting to have to get lunch because it was almost noon. But I was happily surprised when I remembered that they only serve breakfast on sundays!! So I ate my second bowl of oatmeal for the day, along with a macchiato. Oatmeal is so versatile!! I had it with raisins and cinnamon. SOO much different than the chocolate bowl of earlier!! And we met friends there that we never even expected to! Fun :)  

We continued riding, and ended up getting 50 miles. Way more than I thought I would get on the mountain bike, but it was fun, and easy enough :)

When I got home, it was 3:00, so I didn't want lunch, but I wanted a hearty snack. A smoothie seemed in order:

frozen mixed fruit, yogurt, milk, whey protein, flax, and maybe something else I can't remember ;p

Here is a closeup on the straw.  Gotta love mickey mouse!!


Dinner tonight was my own concoction of lentils, tofu, and brown rice.  I started with orange and green lentils, and I thought it would be really photogenic, but I guess I was wrong :/

But if I take a photo, I intend to share it!!  I seasoned it with curry powder and cayenne pepper.  I swear it tasted better than it looks ;p

Now I am spending a nice relaxing weekend with my sister Meagan watching TV :]  I am not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow :/  It'll be ok though :)

Have a magnificent Monday!!
Scott

3 comments:

  1. Hi Scott - glad u had a great weekend - loved your pictures especially the smoothie!!!!!!!! have a great week!!!!!! xo aim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm disappointed that my silly school computer won't let me see all of your pictures but the ones that I saw were awesome. =]
    <3

    ReplyDelete