Search My posts

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Almost Friday! - 17. Feb. 2010

Hello everyone, and happy Thursday! I wanted to comment on all your blogs and post last night, but I didn't get home from church until 8:45 (more on that later) So I printed out my reader and tried to read your posts in bed last night, so I think I got through most of them and commented as much as I could today.

Well, yesterday was a pretty good day. I got home and my dad was home from an interview at a new company, and it went really well! YAYY :) and of course the highlight of my night was church, so here is a quick recap...
Last night was all about sharing experiences from the retreat that was last weekend. I couldn't go on the retreat :( Anyways, a lot of people shared how they were able to find themselves over the weekend and embrace the people they are. One comment that stuck out to me was that no matter what you are going through, there is a reason. The speaker at the retreat was the same one who came two weeks ago here, and he as been through so much and has such an authentic relationship with god. I look up to him so much for this. This identity series has made me realize that god wants to use me for something, with all of my imperfections and quarks. i guess I already knew this, but now I really understand it and know that it is not just for everyone else, but for me too! I don't know what my purpose is yet, but the only way for me to find out is by learning to understand God more. I am dumbfounded by how god can bring this message to me in the exact right time in my life.

So, a pretty short post tonight (sorry for the lack of photography) but I needed to share that with you all :)

Have a Great Friday!!
I am praying for ya' :]

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Love this. I really believe that what happens to us is for a reason- whether it is to grow or to learn, or to pave way for something new. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great day Scott, reading what you post always makes me feel much more positive, thanks for that ;) So happy you have such a positive role model in your life, I know you are already one for a lot of readers here, including me
    Have a wonderful weekend, Scott!!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete