Search My posts

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday 10-feb-2010

Hello all :)

Today we had a two hour delay at school, so I got a relaxing morning with my dad again! But before I tell you about today, I want to tell you about the funniest thing that happened last night. So I was going to bed after watching 24 (love that show!) and I saw that my neighbor was shoveling her driveway at 10:15 at night, and more snow was coming :0 She is crazy! So I thought hmmm... I got my laser pointer and I pointed it right in front of her shovel and she saw it :0 she looked around like it was an alien, then I ran away laughing and when I came back she was gone ;] Sorry, I guess I was a bit mean, but I couldn't resist, and it was pretty funny!

On to today. As I said, we had a two hour delay, and I had a nice morning :} <-- a new smiley for me! Back to today, I got to school and I was a bit upset because I found out I had to eat lunch at 11:00. This after I ate breakfast at 8:00. What ?! I am proud of myself though, because I dealt with it, and I just moved my snack back to after lunch. It worked well for me. My school day was uneventful, but church was AMAZING! Tonight was about how we are God's work of art. We talked about how God is like the master artist, who already has the picture in his mind before he paints it. He has our lives planned out, the entire thing, and our maturing is us finding out what his plan for us is. This is really comforting to me, because it shows me that there is a reason that we go through everything we go through. Without our experiences in life, we would never be able to fulfill God's plan for our lives. We heard from a man with a chronic nerve disease, and about how it changed his life forever. He talked about how if he had never gotten this disease, he would never be able to connect with god or others the way he does today. Sure, it is a struggle to go through a lot of these things, but without them, we aren't what god wants us to be, and if we aren't that than what are we? It was an awesome message, and I am so extremely happy that I was there to hear it =)

So that was my day :) hope you had a great day as well!

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Okay, maybe I am mean, but I think what you did to your neighbour is hilarious. Hehe :D

    Church sounds powerful- thanks for sharing! Important reminder, for sure!

    Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! sorry, i just saw this(: your church session sounds like it was really productive and amazing. church is such a great experience, i agree completely. great job on not stressing over eating times! thats a really amazing thing. have a great saturday night xoxo soph

    ReplyDelete