Search My posts

Monday, February 22, 2010

NEDA week and Anaphylactic shock




Hello everybody :)

Well as you know, today is the beginning of NEDA Eating Disorder Awareness Week. I am drawing a collage around that symbol up there ^^ and I will share it with you at the end of the week! What are you doing for the week, and what are your thoughts?

So to explain the rest of my post title, I went to the allergist after school today and was fine. I got my shot (and talked to the nice nurse, telling her I had a pretty boring day), and waited the normal 30 minutes to make sure i don't get a reaction. When I was about to leave, I started itching everywhere and then when I went in to get cleared to leave, my throat started feeling weird. I didn't feel awful, but they brought me into an exam room, and by the time I got there I felt like I could barely breathe! So they gave me a shot of adrenaline, and oh my is it crazy! In like 2 seconds, I felt my heart beating like crazy. I thought it was going to jump onto the table! Then she said I was getting pale and faint looking so they laid me down and put my legs above my head. They took my pulse and it was 178 bpm! And then my blood pressure was at 140 over something... WOW Then you get all shaky and stuff, it is sooo weird. No worries though, I am fine now, but my plans to work out at the bike shop were spoiled ;) I'm not complaining though :) So now I am the proud owner of an epi-pen! Just in case it happens again :/







Well, then I got home to eat dinner. My dad prepared pork chops in the crock pot (as per mom's instructions) and it turned out really well. I cooked up some rice and my mom made veggies to go with it. Pretty much of a team effort I guess right? ;]

Well that is pretty much it! Hope you all have a great tuesday!
Scott

3 comments:

  1. hi there - sorry to hear about your dr appointment but good thing u were still in the office!!!! Never leave home now without your epi pen!!!! Can't wait to see your picture at the end of the week!!!
    happy NEDA week - lol aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what an intense dr's appt! how scary! glad you're ok now and that you'll have an epi pen on hand..yikes. hope you never need to use it!i hope you post pics of your collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- that sounds really scary! Hope you are feeling okay now?..

    Please share your collage when it's done!

    ReplyDelete