Search My posts

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I missed national Carrot cake day :(

So I just got finished reading Maya's and Eliza's posts that today was national carrot cake day, which means I missed it :( I did eat a carrot with lunch though, so that has to count for something... ;)

Anyways, today went smoothly. I had school :/ again, as well as a doctors appt. I guess I will start from the beginning...

I woke up and made some oats with an Asian pear (which I guess is like a blend between an apple and a pear) and Naturally More almond butter. I really need to make some home made nut butters like my new blog friend Killian...

So the beginning of my day was just routine, got to see my &$(#*&% math teacher again today, YAY ME :/ she is just so disrespectful I cannot stand it.

Second period went well. We started talking about how the brain works and it is really fascinating. I was afraid about talking about my ED, but we didn't even discuss disorders today, so I was quite relieved.

Than I went to the doctor, and it took forever but I really like my doctor so it was ok. Anyway, she wants me to keep the "happy pills" at the same dose for another 3 months before she even thinks of backing off at all, which is fine with me because I don't get any side effects.

Dinner was just leftovers, so nothing to share there. Sorry :/ But then I went to church and it was awesome! Today we continued the identity series about discovering who we are. Today was about the fact that we are not our past. I really loved this message, because it reminds me that I am not my ED, I am Scott and I am what God wants me to be. We had a response time after the message, and I hesitated until the very end, but I finally did it. You could go into a room and say to a camera, "I am not (blank)" So I finally went in and said "I am not my eating Disorder" Like I said, I struggled with it, but I feel like it gives me accountability to stay where I am now and not to relapse.

Great day today and only two more to go until the weekend!

Make tomorrow a great one!

Scott

3 comments:

  1. omg naturally more is sooooo good! that's actually my fav kind of almond butter :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Scott - thanks for the comments!!!! Anyway the answer to your question regarding the pizza - i first bake the pizza with just the sauce and some of the toppings so the dough will cook thru and not get soggy then add the cheese last - it was so good i ate it again last night!!!!! have a great day - hop u try to make it yourself - aim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I think the carrot cake gods will be satisfied with that you ate a carrot with lunch. ;) And you could always celebrate a belated carrot cake day!
    I really like the idea regarding identity that you talked about in church, and admire your ability to speak up about your ED. It was a part of your past and has shaped you into the person you are today, but you're exactly right. You aren't your eating disorder! Hope your Friday goes well.. Almost the weekend!

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete