Search My posts

Sunday, March 28, 2010

catching up...

I have a lot of catching up to do!

I will start with friday.  I went to the best resturaunt ever!!  It was this Italian place, and our friends know the owner.  He was a really funny Italian guy who grew up in New York and was just great to be around.  The food was great, and we ended up staying for like 3 hours after we ate just talking.  By the end of the night, the whole kitchen staff was sitting around our table.  So much fun!  I had the tilapia.


I started out my Saturday with a bike ride.  It was really cold!  30 degrees in March!?!?  And windy, but I had a good time :)  there was just three of us.
Then last night was my sisters 21st birthday!!  I went up to Purdue, about an hour drive, to celebrate and have dinner.  I had fish tacos at Don Pablos, and they were pretty good, except for the minuscule amount of fish they put in :(  Then my sister's friends (all 26 of them!) sang happy birthday to her and I was in the bathroom=(  She got some pictures though!  Then I took her and friends out to a bar and drove home.  She called this afternoon and said she was doing fine :)


 Love you Meagan!!!!!! <3

Then I got to skype with the wonderful Maggie :)  It is so nice to actually talk with our blog friends!  


Today it is really rainy :/  It is so depressing because it feels like it is night because it is so dark.  I guess there is more motivation to do homework then!  We went to church this morning, which was really good.  It was all about how each and every one of us has a purpose to serve to bring god's dreams into a reality.  They include,

  1. caretaker of creation
  2. herald of peace
  3. catylist for community  
  4. agent of healing 
  5. rescuer of the poor 
  6. runner of reconciliation 
  7. ambasador of christ 
  8. spokesperson for God 
  9. dispenser of grace
  10. models of holiness

Number four really resonates with me because it reassures me that my desire to become a therapist or psychology is a good thing.  It can be a way for me to help be an agent of healing and help people bring people to god.  So that is one more thing I have to consider when I think about my career choices...

Now I had lunch of a grilled ham and cheese, and am working on a puzzle with my mom.  

The house selling is going really well!  We put the house on the market on Thursday, had two showings yesterday, and two showings scheduled today.  Then our friend (and relator) calls and says we have an offer!  What!?!?  So we will find out about that in a few minutes.  But I am really thankful things are going so well because it has only been 3 days =D

So that was my weekend, well most of it.  I will talk to you all tonight or tomorrow! 

Scott

Oh, and I think I finally got that video from church up online.  The service was from Feb 20th!  It is about how to find good things in your life god is doing, even during the hardest struggles.  I think you'll like it :)  here it is! Now I have to go for the showing!  talk to you later and wish me luck ;]  nevermind, I am this close, but it isn't working :(  I will get it asap :]

4 comments:

  1. Hey Scott - sounds like you had an amazing weekend!!!!! That's great !!!
    I can't believe you ventured out biking in 30 degrees!!!1 It sure was cold - but i heard it is going to be 70 degrees by THursday - perfect biking weather - i think im going to get a mountain bike for the summer!!! Hope u have a great week - lol aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you had a good weekend, Scott! Sorry your weather isn't the best though. You must really love biking to head out in weather that cold ;)

    Happy birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great weekend- SO nice to see a photo of you and put a face to your name :) Happy belated birthday to your sister!

    So exciting about the house- wow, I guess the real estate market is improving! It's gradually getting better here, thankfully.

    Love those lists of purposes...a few resonate with me. For now, I am an aimless drifter. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that sounds like a wonderful weekend with your sister! Happy Birthday to her! So great that you got an offer on your house! We are moving too, and my mom was ecstatic that ours went through... the cleaning and showing process is exhausing! Have a beautiful week, and I certainly hope the temperature goes above 30!

    ReplyDelete