Search My posts

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a new realization

I just want to thank you all so much for all your insightful and uplifting comments :] It is really interesting to hear what you all have to say about complete recovery. I have really learned a lot from you guys! After reading these comments, I really feel that it is possible to fully recovery from an ED. If nothing else, this realization is so encouraging that we do not have to live with this demon inside of us for the rest of our lives! And I will never find out if it is possible for me if I do not try it for myself. So that is what I want to do, what I must do. This is what I am going to do :)

Book Update: I read the beginnings of both books from my last post, and I really like Regaining Yourself, but Inside Out is a bit upsetting :( I just want to warn you that it may be triggering to some.

Today was awesome!! Nothing really special happened, but I was just so happy from reading all of your posts that I read throughout the day ;] I had math, ugh :/ but I got a lot of homework done, so that was good. Then I had health with a sub and we watched the. most. boring. video. EVER!! it was about fad diets, and was just a woman talking on the tv. borrrrringggg!!! Then we had band, which wasn't too bad. German was better than usual because we actually had our real teacher. Frau B ist sehr nett und cool! (das ist fuer dir Alexis ;)

Then the highlight of my day, the training ride =D It was so beautiful, and I felt so good! After being weak a lot of last year from ED, and continual discouragement because of it, I felt so awesome to be able to keep up today! We had a really fast ride and I ended up taking a flying sprint up the right side when the road opened up near the sprint point =D I think I may have one, but there wasn't really a "finish line" so to speak. Either way, it was such an accomplishment for me, and further encouragement that ED LIES because he never would have let me believe that I would be faster if I gained weight. Rigggghtttt... i gained XX pounds over the past year and a half and am faster, stronger, and feel better than ever! Take that ED!! Also on the ride, one of the guys I really look up to (he is amazingly fast) told me good ride and that it looked like I gained some muscle over the winter :] I was so proud, and I took it for what he meant it to be (a compliment), and not what ED thought it was (something to put me down) So it was quite awesome and I am so happy, and thankful for you and my family and all my other support, because I know all of you have helped me see things like this!!

Dinner was nothing to post about. Some take out chinese for the fam while I had a boca burger with a bit of chinese. good though!

So that was my day! This week is going by so fast no?

Have a great wednesday! You more than deserve it!!

Love you all!

Scott

That was pretty much my day,

9 comments:

  1. Scott, it's so great to hear that you had a wonderful day! Your training ride sounds like it was great and I bet it felt even better. Isn't it amazing to be strong and have the energy to do things again? Totally makes recovery worth it, so I'm glad to hear that you haven't accepted ED as a life sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! Congrats for "winning" that bike ride (you know you won) and for not even letting Ed into your thoughts! Haha, you rock! :)
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god a movie about fad diets? no thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I WISH my week was going faster! Its going sooo slow!;)
    Maddi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe ;) Dankeschön!
    I completely agree with Lucie and everyone: What an accomplishmen to have come thus far! Taking that compliment for what it was is truly important. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Und noch was: Ja natürlich! Ich weise, so schlect das viele kinder keine Deutsch lernt. En meine schüle jetzt, da gibts keine Deutsche Clase! Aber meine nachtbaren kommen aus Deutschland, und gestern have ich für die gebabysittet (lol, not sure about how to say that one.)
    Und Berlin! Das ist voll cool! Ich have niemals Berlin gesehen :/ nur Müchen und so :/ aber ich habe gehört das es wuuunderbar ist! Macht es späß mit deine austauchschüler zu sein?

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a great Wednesday - the weather is going to be great!!!!!!! Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blogs are so inspiring! I hope things continue to go well for you!
    Always,
    hill
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your posts so much- seriously, you make me so happy :) Isn't it amazing to feel so strong and healthy and know that food = health = LIFE?!!!!! I don't think people who have never experienced bad health fully apprecciate how incredible it is to feel so strong and powerful.

    This week is flying by- so is this YEAR! I can't believe that 2010 is almost 1/4 over!

    ReplyDelete