Search My posts

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy (almost) Friday

Hi lovelies!!

I am sorry if I missed some of your posts. I tried to get them into a word doc so I could read them away from the computer, and I had them all copied and pasted and it crashed :( I went back to my reader and everything was marked as read! So terribly sorry if I missed your post :(

Well the weather was rainy today :( I hate that! Luckily, all of my classes had no windows today, so I didn't have to see the awful weather! I usually hate not having windows in my classes, but when the weather sucks, I don't mind it so much ;]

The only major thing I did at school was I took a chemistry test, and I think I did pretty well. I was planning on telling B about my ED like I said I was going to, but with the test, I didn't even have any time, and she didn't ask :/ I don't know what to think, I mean I guess it is easier not to say anything, but I was ready to. I really like the idea of busting the myths and taboo around ED's before I move! We'll see what happens...

After school, I had a German club event! It was so fun, we just played card games and made these things called Scherenschnitte, where you cut out an ornate shape out of a piece of paper. It is harder than it looks!

Here is mine


I have been a bit confused latley about my future and career options. I thought I had it figured out. I want to be a psychologist / therapist. Now I am reading that book I told you about, Rediscovering Your Self (great by the way, I defiantly recommend), I read about how the "caretaker" role is very often a part of the ED identity. Dr. Sacker (the author) talks about how his approach to recovery is replacing the ED identity with that of yourself. I This made me wonder if in fact my desire to help others in the field of psychology could possibly just be another aspect of my ED. I mean, I never really wanted to do this in the past, but I am more mature now, and maybe it is the right occupation for me? I don't know right now. On one hand, I don't see how wanting to help people could ever be a bad thing, but on the other hand, I can see how it could be my ED playing a role in my thought process here. What do you all think? I would love to hear your input on this one...

one more pic for you all!  My mom bought these strawberries yesterday and they are THE BIGGEST strawberries I have EVER seen!!
here it is in all of it's glory! hehehe

And here is one for perspective.  
Look at it next to the keys and the spoon!!

Goodbye for now!

Wishing all of you a fantastic Friday!!

Scott

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Scott! Danke für was du gesagt hast an mein post. Es hat mir viel gehilfen! Und es macht gar nicht das dein Gramatik nicht perfekt ist; mein is auch nicht gut.
    Ich glaube das es ist vielleicht ein ED trait wenn Mann sehr nett ist, aber es ist ein ED trait das ist nicht so schlect. As long as you help others AS well as yourself rather than at the expense of yourself. Verstehst du? Ein bisschen komplex, ich weise..

    Du bist auch über-toll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott!
    Love you blog! But about being a therapist...I think you should go for it if you really feel like you can help others. Because you have personal experience with an ED, others will be able to relate to you. But if you think you may be triggered hearing about others then maybe do something else with your psych degree. There are lots of things you can do was a psych major. I w I was a psych. major, but decided it wasn't for me and am now doing secondary ed! Hope you are well =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that's a big strawberry. All the more deliciousness to enjoy though :)

    It's interesting that you mention a desire to want to help people coming as a result from your ED. I've always been interested in psychology, and pursued it in school even prior to my ED. But after going through my own ED, I've found myself being drawn in more and more by the idea of working with others who struggle with an ED. It would be sad to think that that desire is simply another facet of my ED, but I'll keep my eyes on it nonetheless.

    I think if you really think you can help people, there should be no reason for you not to pursue psychology, though. The world needs more good therapists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya on the crappy weather...=/
    As for the therapist thing, I think that if it's what you want, you should pursue it. Yes, helping others is a vital part of the ED within us, but as long as you don't let other people's problems consume you, there's no reason why you can't help people. Especially if the people you are helping are going through what you've been through. You would know how to help people way better than any therapist without ED. Use what you've been through to help others. That right there is a true gift. Just think about it, darling.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY GAAAAAAAAAAH!!! That is one AMAZING strawberry!!!
    Lucie
    P.S. When I get home from school today I am making/sending you another package. The mailman must have eaten your bars because you should have gotten them by now. >:( Oh well. Lol. You're worth it.

    ReplyDelete