Search My posts

Thursday, March 11, 2010

FIRE!!

">

It is almost Friday my friends!!


I got up this morning and thought I wanted an espresso instead of a press this morning, because I just roasted a fresh batch of espresso blend I want to try. I turned on the machine to warm up and i started making my sandwich right by it. After about 4 or 5 minutes, I heard something short out, and then the front panel caught on fire inside!! I panicked and started blowing on it. Didn't work. So I poured water on it, SO STUPID! It didn't make it worse but it definatley could have. Then I searched for some baking soda, and finally I blew it again and it went out. I guess it was probably like 45 second, but but felt like forever! I told my dad, and obviously didn't get any espresso ); I am just glad I am safe and it happened while I was right by it. My dad took it apart while I was at school for me, and it doesn't look too bad, only one switch is burnt out, and I am pretty sure we can get it repaired. I for sure do not have any money to buy a new one now...


By the way, I am typing this on my new keyboard for my dad's really old pda. I know it is really 1999, but I have no money for a laptop and I don't want to type at the computer all the time. So it is a cheap solution. I got it for just $3.50 plus 9 bucks shipping. I figured it was worth a try then!


So ( I say that a lot don't I?) today was quite good! I had engineering first period and I got a lot of homework done because I was dne ahead of time.


Side note: I am watching this show now that is about lunch meat production, and it is a bit gross, but kinda interesting ;]


Thn I had SRT (our school's innovative name for study hall) am got some more homework done. So NO homework for me tonight! =D


Then I had lunch, a turkey sandwich with swiss laughing cow and lettuce. Along with a plum, I haven't had one of these in forever! And I love them! Talked to my friends, and overall a lunch :) Then I went upstairs to my locker, asked a guy how chemistry was, and he said they had a quiz! Yikes! I think I did well though, so all is well :] English was nice, and I went to the lab and ended up looking up parts for my espresso machine ;] Didn't feel like working.


Then I got home, tried to get this keyboard set up (success! I can type letters like these Ö) and inspect the damage on the espresso machine. It isn't too bad, and I think it can get repaired. *crosses fingers*


I just ate dinner cooked by my mom is making salmon cakes with broccoli. We had peaches on the side, and bread. Nice and simple and delicious.


On to some seriousness. It looks as though I will be moving in the future. I am not sure when, but my dad is starting his job in April. I am sure I am staying here though to sell the house, and finish up the school year. I also have my trip to Germany like half paid for by now, so I will be going there for sure to see Pascal :] I am not sure how I really feel about the move, I mean I'll be moving away from friends, and most importantly family. :/ I have really gotten to like this living close to family. Especially because my grandparents are getting older and stuff. I don't want to be away from them for the last years of their lives... But then again, I am looking forward to a new experience, and I know everything happens for a reason. Plus, riding all year long ;] I know everything happens for a reason and it will all work out.


Have a great Friday!! You deserve it :] Can't wait for the weekend!!


Scott

P.S. How do you like the new font?? It actually kinda looks like my handwriting, but a bit neater ;]






4 comments:

  1. wow that's SO SCARY! I freak out about fire, despite the fact that I'm a pyro-maniac. lol. But uncontrolled fire scares me.
    One time my oven caught on fire with no one home but me...very scary! lol

    about lunch meat...yeah...I am very aware that it's production is so weirded-up. Frustrating, my parents still make me eat it =/

    I'm glad you're seeing your move in a positive light. Things like that are very stressful on some people, and it's SO GOOD that you're dealing with it so well.
    I hope it all turns out WONDERFULLY!!

    P.S.
    Germany? amazing! There are german exchange students at my school and I talked to them about what it's like there and it sounds so cool! I KNOW you'll have a blast!!

    ♥Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Really glad you managed to get the fire under control and that your espresso machine isn't beyond help! That would definitely be a tragedy.

    I've never actually moved, but I can imagine it would be stressful. Great to see that you're looking at it as a positive experience though. We should take things as they come and make the best of them :)

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really scary about the espresson machine! Almost as scary as the thought of starting a day without coffee :P Glad you are safe/okay.

    I like the new font :)

    Moving is always hard- where are you moving to? Any news from the bike shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad about the espresso maker!! :( I hope it isnt broken for good! Have a great weekend!
    Maddi

    ReplyDelete